Tuesday, September 20, 2011

a daughter's dad

setting: in a bazaar Tibetan store
character: white male, 45ish, looking around with his daughter (W)

W: There was that one time when my car got hit from the back. I was fine, however. So i stepped out of the car, and came to see if the person in the other car was ok. The girl was about 17, and she was shaking. She was so scared.  I kept telling her everything was ok and tried to calm her down. We got along so well that even the police asked if we were related... I got it from my mother. Whenever i broke something, she would first ask if i was ok. She didn't care about what I just broke.
tm: yeah, my dad is the same! You seem to be a very calm and kind-hearted person! There shouldn't be any road rage if everyone could be like you!
W: ..or any wars. People these days even get mad because they have to wait too long for the elevators. So it wasn't hard to understand why they keep fighting against one another.

2 comments: